How do you react to another child hitting your child?

Would you look for the parent or say something to the child?

fashionmommy375

Asked by fashionmommy375 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• i usually wait to see how things are handled..my son will usually come and tell and i will tell him to tell them to stop and if they don't stop then he better him them back...i usually make sure i say it in front of the parents too
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i have no problem telling someone elses kid that its not ok to hit! it usually makes them affraid to mess with my kid again anyway, and there is usually no need to get them in double trouble by telling their momtoo.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'd probably wait to see how my son handled it first. Sometimes kids react badly but then can talk to each other. If my son wasn't actually injured I would wait to see if they talk it out...if it causes a "fight" I'd go and quickly separate them and then see if the other parent was around and explain that they got into a little scrap and see how the other parent reacts. If its not a huge deal and no one really gets hurt I'd probably just be like, hey, hands to yourself or something like that.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i would batter anyone who hit a kid
    emmarobbins

Answer by emmarobbins at 6:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I always try to wait it out and see what the reaction is. my son is 2 nearly 3 so I want him to develop those problem solving skills. I am not always going to be right there to pick him up when he falls - I am a working parent. - if the situation cannot be solved i go in and i take my kid i tell them do not hit and i keep an eye on the other one. there are so many cases where the other kid's parent is no where to be found.. not paying attention.. the child is acting out for attention. in those cases I want my child to not be involved
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• *hit
    shay1130

• I will tell the child to play nice, or I will tell their mommy/daddy. If they do not, I do just that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I find the parent and the child. And tell them that its not going to happen EVER again! however if my child was being a bully than maybe he deserved to be hit. Really depends, but never the less the parent would get spoken to.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010