My 11 month okd Daughter- Why is she still waking up in the middle of the night???...

My daughter is almost 11 months old. She will be 11 months old in two days... Well for some reason in the middle of the night at the same time every night she has woke up and when i try to put her back to sleep in her crib she screams... and she's slept in her crib since she first came home from the hospital... so she doesnt sleep in my bed or anything like that... its wierd cause she has been waking up like that here latley and cant figure out why.... i mean its not gas... not teething... cause before she goes to bed we give her medicine for both gas and teething.... I dont know what it is!!!! Anyone know what it could be????

bestmomtobeever

Asked by bestmomtobeever at 6:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she may still need the night time feeding.....kids get through this one at different ages. my oldest slept through the night almost immediatly, my middle had to have feedings until she was almost 12 months and my youngest got through it around 8 months so its all about the kid. it will pass!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• maybe it is too much medicine!
    maybe the medicine isn't helping.
    teething can be really hard.
    maybe she just needs extra snuggle time with you.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterns don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal. It's actually we adults who have forgotten how to sleep effectively because we clock watch. night parenting is part of the mommy gig.. FYI 5 hours is considered a "sleep through" . Don't overmedicate, even if she was teething it wouldn't last long anyway; overuse makes it less effective
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know people brag that their babies sleep for hours and hours, but truthfully the majority of babies don't. And some people have selective memories and forget all about the nights that there is a lot of waking. Night parenting is part of the gig. Even if that means you must get up to give snuggles, love, and reassurance. It's going to be a bit harder on your because you have to actually get up and go to another room so you will awaken fully. But that's the one of the drawbacks of having a crib in a separate room, it doesn't change a baby's needs.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my son slept through the night when he was six months old for about two months. when he started getting his upper teeth he would wake up in the middle of the night sometimes. we gave him medicine for his teeth but orajel only works so well. teething is painful for babies. so maybe your daughter is hurting. does she stick her fingers in her mouth when she wakes up? grabs at her ears? tries to bite things? my son still wakes up once a night for his bottle. other than that he sleeps all night.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• maybe a growth spurt? My son went through many phases, wait he is STILL going on these trips.. he wakes more nights than he doesnt... hang in there..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• could be a growth spurt,
    maybe she is to hot or to cold
    vida1970

Answer by vida1970 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010