What would you do?

What would you do; If you kids started acting mean and selfish around other kids.
Also if you kid told you no or even talk back to you?
I'm just curious on how ya would discipline them.

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 6:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kid even though he's one, gets put in a time out. I set him in a chair away from the other kids. He is not allowed to hit anyone, not even our animals, same thing.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• well the telling me no thing.....they go strait to their room or even have to take a nap. that one i will not put up with. i havnt had to deal with the other so i dont know. they cant be mean and selfish. there are too many of them and they have to learn to share and get along all the time or they are seperated and arent allowed to play together.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would make my kids apologize for being mean and if they could not play nice they would have to set in time out. My children had to go to time out for telling me no or talking back.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i would not hesitate in taking away the things my kids love the most if they were being mean to others.
    my son lost his nintendo ds for a day for telling someone else they were no good at a game.
    now, my 2 yo is in a big no phase, and it is hard for me. it drives me nuts!!!! there are a lot of time outs...and those are hard and trying too! i must never give up, i must never give up, i must never give up : )
    the older kids (5 and 6) get sent to their rooms for back talk...it has only happened once each, so far!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• talking back is unacceptable, and that is a time out in their rooms with no TV. Cursing ( which has only happened once per child) is soap in the mouth ( non-toxic) and being mean to friends , is them saying sorry, then talking about it, and 1 day with no friends or privledges (depending on how mean they were)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would continue the same consistent discipline I have been using since he was an infant. Redirection, talking to him, time-outs, and privilege removal.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 7:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• explain and teach and show them that is not the way to act cause kids learn from example
    cindyhooker

Answer by cindyhooker at 9:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The punishment would depend on the age. If they are young, you can put them into time out. For the older child, they can go to their room until they can come out and apologize for their behavior.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2010