what age do i start trying to potty train my 14 mth old daughter?

my mom mention that I could start now, but she does not know how to talk besides ma-ma, da-da, stop. I don't see how she would be able to know when she has to potty.

other info.
first time mama :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's different for every child. If you don't feel she's ready wait until she shows an interest in it. My grandmother has told me that my aunt pretty much trained herself when she was around 2. My two daughters were around 3 when they were potty trained, Jenna took awhile to be fully trained while Brianna only took about a week. Some kids aren't potty trained until 4 or so, they go at their own pace. You can get her interested in potty training by bringing her into the bathroom when you go. When my kids were around 2 I'd also have them sit on the toilet a few times a day, Brianna would sit on the toilet while I was in the shower and talk to me and one day she went pee and she was determined after that to use the toilet when she had to go.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010