what age do i start trying to potty train my 14 mth old daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if she wants to and is interested you can now. my lo is 15 months and we started 4 days ago because she drags me to the potty anyway.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When she starts showing signs she is ready, and not before! I am firm believer in letting the child lead with these things. My son started showing interest at 19 months, and we got him a potty and started trying to use it. That was just a few weeks ago and then he got the stomach flu so we haven't used the potty at all for a week. I think if you stress out about it, your kid will feel that. We are just letting him lead us.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• bump
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I started potty training my son at 12 months, we started reading "Once Upon a Potty" alot and getting used to the potty chair... but every child is different.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When your child starts pulling off his or her diaper by their selves that a huge hint to start potting training them. Let your child when they are ready. Don't push your child into going potty or they might be stubborn and don't want to do it.
    I have the same book as FeelinYummy does. "Once Upon A Potty" I got it when my 24 yr old son was learning how to go potty. I had my son hold that book on "his" potty while he was going to the bathroom. My daughter who is 19 now she was on the potty forever and I was wondering why? Well...she pushed so "Hard" her butt hole came out of her body. I took her to the emergency room the doctor just pushed it back it.
    When your child is ready for potty training have fun games and rewards
    Also Cafe Mom has a group called The Potty Training Moms Support Group! You can get GREAT advise from other moms :)
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 8:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Whenever you want to. If your child is very resistant though I would wait a while until he / she shows more signs of interest. I would recommend keeping your expectations low at first until you see the level of interest in your child. Then assess and move on from there.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010