SEXUAL PARTNERS

OK..for those that have cheated or heard of others cheating...
is that they were no longer happy with being with one person or that they still loved the person but was tired of sex with the same person all the time..

my sisters have this thing with having sex with the same person all the time..i have been with the same person for 12 yrs..neither can say they cant be with the same man more than 3 mons..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I used to cheat on my boyfriends when I was in high school, right out of high school. I don't know, I guess neither of us took the relationship seriously. But when I met my now husband it was just different. I had never really been hurt by anyone cheating because I never really cared about them but I just felt differently about everything when I was dating Mike. I was never interested in anyone else, never had the desire to attract anyone else's attention. I guess maybe your sisters haven't met the right people and are still too immature for a serious relationship. That's fine, I guess, but if I were them I wouldn't pretend to want an exclusive relationship because if you do that and then announce that you cheated, you just look bad.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Lack of respect for themselves and the person they are cheating on the the person they are cheating with.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Everyone's different. There was a time in my life where I didn't want to settle down. Now I have settled down with the father of my son and I don't want to sleep with anyone else. I had 13 partners before him... and I don't want to make my list any longer. Not sure what you're asking in this post but I hope that answers you?
    xcrookedhalo11

Answer by xcrookedhalo11 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've heard of lots of different reasons, while some don't have any reason at all. My best friend was with her ex-fiance for 6 years and was cheating on him with different guys for probably the last 2 1/2 to 3 years they were together before leaving him for the guy she is now married to, her reason was that she wasn't happy - her ex was an asshole but she did love him to an extent and a few times they nearly split but she'd always change her mind the moment he was walking out the door. My ex-husband cheated on me simply because he wasn't happy with the fighting and stress of being a husband, there was nothing wrong with our sex life. I've also known men and women who have relatively happy relationships and good sex lives but still cheat - I don't understand it but they claimed to have no good reason.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When my husband had a one night stand 16 years ago.. It had nothing to do with sex. It had everything to do with: us having a horrible marriage at the time, him being passive aggressive, him wanting to hurt me as bad as he possible could , and all the feelings that had built over a very turbulent few years that were fueld by his drinking problem.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The women I know who cheated did it because of the emotional aspect lacking with their husbands that they got from a fling. The men I know did it simply for the physical aspect.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Its probaly more about just not being happy anymore. If U move on that quickly from someone U didnt love them in the first place and if u did u probaly have a fear of commitment. I dont think a serial dater is someone that has problems with sex..its more just not wanting to settle..and bein unhappy with themselves that they can't be happy with someone else..even for 3 months
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thx everyone..i just wanted to know if there really a good reasons to cheat or not stick with one person..
    the fact that u are bored with the sex doesnt seem like a good reason to cheat..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• not a good reason to cheat
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• everyone is different.self esteem and self respect is different for everyone
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010