potty training at 5.5 months??!!

lol, ok, so my friend (well, more like a girl i used to go to school with) keeps updating her facebook status about how her daughter just went pee on the potty for the first time...then yesterday it was "she went pee 3 times" ........WTF!!! lol..im sorry but shes not even 6 months old yet!! uuuuugh i hate people that say that kinda stuff!! such a pet peeve of mine that i have.

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• one of those competitve moms..i hear yah..wants her kid to do everything first, before anyone elses kid..lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i listened to 1 that said her dd was trained at 6 mths, more like mom was trained to put dd to the potty!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Adults can be trained to learn when to hold an infant over the toilet....babies have no idea what they are doing.

To me, potty training means the kid knows they need to go, walks to the potty and pees.....THAT is potty training!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• she is probably doing the elimination communication method. it basically is potty training the parent lol. and studies show that kids who were trained by that method are independantly able to go potty 3 months later than those who were trained the 'traditional' way.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know someone who did that with her last child. She used the EC method and when her DD started walking at 11 mos she was walking into the bathroom on her own to do her business. She said that she hardly ever used diapers.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my mom always says, and i agree with her...when the kid can tell you their diaper is dirty or needs changing, that's when potty training is a must. before then, who knows.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 7:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My best friends daughter was able to communicate that she had gone, was going or needed to go even before she hit a year. sometimes its more about how well a parent trains themselves to their childs habits then from their the child understands..its something that can happen i think
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I know moms who NEVER that is right NEVER put their children in diapers. It is called elimination communication. It is NOT a competition and you girls are correct in that the parents are trained to watch for cues from the children when they are about to go and the parents put them on the potty. The people I know who do it don't do it to speed potty training so the studies showing that they train later wouldn't phase them. They do it to save the environment from the disposable diapers and the burden of cleaning cloth ones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• haha funny.. prob. lyingggg tho cause thats weird
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010