has anyone developed a website?

this is silly but for a class i was asked to think of an eCommerce website idea. It took me alittle bit but when i thought of something I really came up with something special. I am thinking it could be a Huge deal if i found out how to get the idea of the ground.

don't laugh? I think i need to secure rights to even talk about it. how do i start? I am kind of looking on how other sites started but they dont give so much a play by play

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 7:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• You should research and make sure no one else has already thought of your idea and then secure rights just for your safety. However to build a website you just need to find a free web service like www.webs.com and go for it.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I do web design as a home business and it's really easy once you get started. As for your idea, do research it to be sure that you are not using someone else's idea. If you want some web design service or want help finding a great host just message me. I would recommend getting your own domain, it's much more professional that using a free web host and the host I use offers packages for as low as $2 a month.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you have a product you can register for a patent, if you have an idea you can trademark the name and logo. I use vistaprint.com for websites, affordable, easy to manage, you have complete control.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I set up my business's website using Yahoo Stores. If you're setting up a business, you will need to purchase your domain name. You also will have things you need to do legally to make your business a reality. There's a lot more involved that just designing a website.

I left you a chatterbox invite to my business group. Feel free to ask us any questions you need.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010