Visiting cousin, but not excited about it anymore! Can you please help me?

I am planning to visit my cousin, and I'm bringing my two year old with me. She has three kids. She said we could stay with her-it was no problem.

Well, I just got a call from my uncle, who is going to pick us up from the airport (my cousin doesn't have a car). He mentioned that my cousin is pregnant, and she told him to tell me that she won't be able to do much (because she's on limited bedrest).

I feel a bit put off. Here are my reasons:

1. Why didn't she tell me before that she was pregnant?
2. Why is she tell my UNCLE to tell me these things?

Now I'm not too excited about the trip, but I can't cancel the reservation without losing $150. I'm also not sure if I want to stay with her. I'd feel like I was being an inconvenience to her. I mean, the baby and I can create our own fun (losts of relatives, site-seeing, etc).

What do you suggest I do? How would YOU feel if you were in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Go and try to enjoy yourselves and if it gets too boring then make an excuse to come home early or visit somewhere else in the area & stay at a hotel. Sometimes it's trips like these that we don't want to go on that end up to be the most fun!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• staying with her jsut means you dont have to fork out the $ for a hotel. still go see family and have fun with your child.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, to be honest, and I don't mean this to be offensive, but it sounds like you were more interested in having an excuse to go on vacation than seeing your cousin. Why can't you spend some time with your cousin, even if she's on bed rest? She has kids, so your child can play with them...you can still go sight-seeing. She probably didn't want to tell you because she was afraid you wouldn't come out to see her-which you don't want to do now that you know. Go see her as planned and hang out at her place.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• still go but don't stay with her, find your own accommidations
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• dont stay with her but just go visit with her.she may use u to do all kinds of stuff around her house for her and everything and just take advantage of you
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Go and stay with her but be prepared to find other accomdations if you get the feeling it's too much having you there - or go stay with other family members a night or two while you are there so she gets a break.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010