The Drive-in?

Anyone else love to head to the drive-in as a family? It is one of our favorite things to do in the summer. We are going to be moving soon so I was wondering if everyone has a drive-in within a decent distance? I am going to miss it so much.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 7:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We just moved so I haven't looked around here. When we lived in PA we discovered one in our town just a few miles from our house. We took the kids to see Spiderman 3. We piles a bunch of camping mats, pillows and blankets into the back of our pickup. It was so much fun. Unfortunately we moved away a few weeks later. We lived there 2 years and didn't even know the place was there until we were about to move away. Sigh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Where are you moving to? I live in Baltimore County, in MD and there's one literally right next to my house. We love it. My hubby and I go and make out like teenagers, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We will probably end up in the Charleston, South Carolina area or somewhere in the midwest. It really depends on where the Navy decides to send us.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've only been once and my kids were driving me nuts - they kept wanting to change seats. I'd probably like it more if I went with just friends. The drive in is a good 30 - 40 minutes away.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Almost all the drive-ins in CA are gone. I think I know of two left in the *whole state*, neither of them in Southern CA.

:(
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We always take the three kids and it is great fun and family time. We get there nice and early and eat dinner in the bed of the truck, take some snack and snuggle under the starts.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• That is sad that there is none in Ca. I am kind of worried that is going to be the case wherever we go.
    Melbornj

• I am from Florida and when we head back we always go to the drive in. There is on in Tampa and one in Dade City we have fun even when it is hot.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I used to love them as a child, but we don't have any around us now, I think the closest one is about 45 minutes away
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not in South La!
    sarah427

Answer by sarah427 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010