Whirlpool Washer without Agitator?

This is the washer that I am really thinking of getting when I replace my current one and I was wondering what the general consensus was on them? Does your ever go off balance? Do you think it washes as well without the agitator? Does the extra space really make them worth the extra money? Anything you could tell me would be great!!!

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 7:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We've had a whirlpool front load washer for 7 years and it's still going strong. I add borax to the laundry to keep it fresh smelling that's not an issue for us. I am very happy with my washer and I wouldn't go back to an agitator washer - we had nothing but trouble with every one we ever owned (and yes, we bought 3 of the 4 new). I love being able to wash our king size bedding at home and we've really cut down on the number of loads I have to do with the front loader. We also haven't had any problems with it going off balance and we've had it in 3 different homes.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• dont get it. i promise you will not be happy with the results. my front loader just went out on me and for a while i just didnt think it was getting clothes clean but when it went out and i called around about repairing or replacing it i was told multiple times not to get the new front loaders or the washers that dont have an agitator. from the repair men i have talked to they have done alot of repairs on them and second they just arent cleaning very good. i ended up just buying a refurbished good ole top loader and it gets our clothes cleaner and smelling better than my front loader ever did. and i recommend if you do get it make sure you get an extended warrenty on it cause you will need it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010