Hamburgers without buns?

We have been eating quite a bit of them lately. I just kind of feel like the bun is an unnecessary filler that we are not really missing. Is that crazy? We are able to fill up on something else yummy like a salad or veggies, so in my head it makes sense but maybe I am nuts.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 7:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• nothing wrong with that
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• isn't that called meatloaf??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, not wrong or weird or whatever else you're thinking. I don't always like the buns, either, because they are often empty calories and, like you, I'd rather have some veggies, a salad or fresh fruit to fill me up with.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, I think it's fine. I would prefer the burger without the bun myself and sometimes I make meatloaf patties instead of a large meat loaf (they make for great sandwiches to send to work with hubby) and we eat those without the bun.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Meatloaf normally has a few meats in it...I like burgers without the bun. Half the time when I make burgers I forget to pick the buns up at the store anyway lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've been following the South Beach Diet plan for almost 5 years, and one of the things I was able to eliminate from my diet was bread/rolls, and honestly I don't miss them at all! My husband makes awesome "steak burgers" from scratch, and melts some low fat cheese on top. With some fresh side veggies, it's a meal! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you like it, there's nothing wrong with it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I dont eat buns on anything! I have been eating low carb like for many years and dont miss the bread at all. My whole family feels the Vame way now too!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 8:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Usually when I get in the mood to make burgers we don't have buns in the house, and I'm not about to drive almost 40 miles just for a dozen buns. So we almost always eat them plain - I make mashed potatoes or something so we have something more filling, plus a couple veggies & fruit.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• very much healthier
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010