what is the legal age for a babysitter?

MYMORSE

Asked by MYMORSE at 8:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• depends on your state. I do believe in MOST states, the child must be 13 and cannot take care of more than 2 children at a time.

Anonymous

• it probaably does differ from state to state look it up on the internet for your state
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i went to the CPS website for TX and there is not an age limit, it is determined by the parent if they feel the child is mentally responsible for him/herself. As far as keeping others same thing if the parent feels their child is responsible enough, then it is ok. But you can bet if something goes wrong, woe unto the parent.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 4:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I believe it is 13. It is good if the youth can take a babysitting course. Experience is good as well. Working around children or in a family with many children seems to be good too.
    TSSimplyMom

Answer by TSSimplyMom at 5:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• here is the link I found as answer on for colorado http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_legal_age_for_babysitting_in_CO
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 5:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• here is the website link i found for the Texas law,, for other states it is just a matter of some research and finding the right website.. not east sometimes
    http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/child_protection/about_child_protective_services/faqchildalone.asp
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 5:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think 13. Thats when I started babysitting.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008