Do you have a deadline as far as the difference in age of your kids? Like would you not have another kid if there is too much time between the age of your last child and new baby?

My cousin's kids are 8 years apart, I have two kids that are 15 months apart. My youngest will be 5 in January. I always wanted my kids to be close in age but I'm currently single and still have plenty of things to accomplish before I'm ready for another kid but I desperately want at least one more child. I also have a friend who has a 6 year old son, she also planned to not have her kids be more than 7 years apart but she isn't ready for another baby either. I also have a friend who is 2 years younger than her brother but was 17 when her parents had another baby, she is close to her baby sister but her brother isn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I have girl that are eight years apart and am going to have another that'll be just under 2 years apart so ill def. get the round of it LOL. i do know there are pros and cons my sis and i are closer than my brother and i, me sister is 5 years younger and my brother 10 years older but as a parent i like the distance, I got to enjoy each of my daughters infancy and now my daughter helps alot with her sister and understand she isnt a replacement..guess ill find out the pros when the new one comes of having them close together too..well good luck
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had two boys with my first marriage they are 13 and 11. I have been with my current husband for 7 years. I thought I was done. We just had a baby girl she is 9 months old. So there is a big age gap. It has been the most wonderful thing we could have ever done. The whole family is enjoying her.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter is 10 my son is 1. I LOVE it. She is such a huge up when I need it. I dont just "drop" to load off onto her. When she doesnt want to be bothered or make his bottle I dont stress her. But she loves to help out. He is soooo attached to her. That is HIS big sissy. I understand why some dont want to have the huge age difference but hey, it works for me and that is all that matters.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my oldest is 5 we planned her then we planned baby number 2. They might have been closer a little, but our problem was we were living in a one bedroom house so DH and I slept in the living room to give the baby her own room. She was 18 or 19 months when we moved once we moved I talked to the OB and he gave us the go so we tried and within that month of trying I got pregnant they are nearly 3 years apart. Her birthday is 3 months from the youngest. Now my youngest is 2.5 she will be 3 in January we are planning on one more baby number 3 after my period this month. I want to have baby number 3 (my last) before I hit 35 lol. I am 28 now,but I know it is more risky the older you are so I don't know I want one more before 35 lol. I would probably had another one closer than this, but my 2.5 year old is so bad she is into everything lol. If I get gray hairs at a young age she will be the reason lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I personally wouldn't like more than 5 years between my oldest and youngest child. My DH has a sister who is 10 years younger than him and they barely know each other. It's not like they don't love each other or anything, but they don't have anything in common and they didn't do many activities together as children b/c of the age difference. Right now I have a 3 yr old and 2 11 mo old twins. If we decide to have another one it would be when the twins are almost 2 yrs.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 8:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I didn't want more than two or three years between my son and the next child we have, but because of some things that happened last year we had to put of getting pregnant, and my son will be three soon... It kills me that the age difference will be so large, but we still want another one...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My deadline was 5 years apart at most.... Now I have a 15 year old and 3 year old twins :)
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I didn't plan to have my kids more than 3 years apart. My first two are 2.5 years apart, the 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart. Then my ex and I were divorced. Now my kids are 13, 10, 9, 22 months, and 8 weeks. I would never have chosen to have that kind of spread between them! The older ones want to go and do (water parks, amusement parks, etc) but those types of places aren't easy to lug around two little ones. And the older ones are old enough that they can do alot for themselves and I don't have to do as much, but the little ones obviously still require a lot - so instead of getting to relax a little I'm starting all over! Not that i don't love them, or enjoy parts of having little ones again, but I wouldn't have chosen to have that spread had my relationships been different.

Answer by missanc at 8:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with having a large age difference with your children. Don't look at it that way. Think of it as when you are ready for another one. My kids are 22, 17 and 11. I have no problems with that. At least you won't have two in diapers at one time. Me and my sister are ten years apart. But my mother always told me that she had me when she was ready. That's what matters.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my only deadline is that i am doen at 30! for us that means 2 more, for a total of 7! So as far as age, No!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010