Fighting bordem with a sick kiddo-HELP!!

My DS is 6 and has been home sick from school all week. He is starting to go stir crazy. I have run out of ideas to keep him occupied. He has started to get his energy back but still has a fever from the infection. The temp outside has started falling so I can't let him play outside until he gets over his bronchitis. I don't want this to become pneumonia. So, ladies any ideas? Thanks

babyboyzz

Asked by babyboyzz at 7:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Man I just went through the same thing myself with my toddler. Today I coudln't stand it anymore and we went for a ride in the car. Have you made a fort yet - like a really huge, multiple bedsheet, nail them to the walls, couch cushions on the floor fort? That would take you several hours if you let your little one help you :) Then you can hang out in there and read books with a flashlight or play action figures or whatever he likes to do. It's always more fun in a fort, lol!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• A 6 year old can play independently with his books, his toys (lincoln logs or legos are great fun), coloring, puzzles, or other quiet activities. (yes, the wind here is chilly too so outside wouldn't be a good idea, very true).
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 3:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Does he have legos? My little brother could play legos for 10 hours a day when he was that age. If not, something similar where he can really use his imagination is a good idea. I love the fort idea!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We built the lego fort and then the fire balls from space (our two dogs) destroyed to word! LOL that was a good two hours of the afternoon. Love the blanket fort idea, we haven't done that. We can send the dogs outside so long as it's not raining. LOVE IT!!
    babyboyzz

Comment by babyboyzz (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you let him play online, FRIV.com has a ton of games to keep him interested.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thanks for all the help everyone! Today dad was home and he let AL hammer and drill scrap wood. It was fun seeing him in his hokey goggles hammer like a mad man. Today is the first fever free day in 8 days! Only one more day (I hope) and he will back at school.
    babyboyzz

Comment by babyboyzz (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you've got cooperative dogs maybe you could try to make them outfits or harnesses to pull a wagon or something. Lol @ fireballs from space! You've got the right idea mama, you are doing great lol. Does he like jigsaw puzzles at all? I know I could do those all day long as a kid. I'd still like to, actually!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010