Need tips

My DD (2 months) gets dirt trapped under her neck inside the little crevaces alot. I try to clean it out everyday but now it's getting red, irritated and smelly. Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 8:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby always had milk trapped under her neck from when it spilled out of her mouth or whatever +it was stinky! but all i did was get a warm washcloth with her baby soap and cleaned her up a bit. theres not a lot you can do to reduce redness, just use a sensitive soap?
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Try to keep it dry with powder. Be careful ply it with your hand so she doesn't breath it.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Don't use a lot of soap. Just a warm soft wash cloth. I think all babies have that stubborn neck problem.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• just wash her neck often especially when it is hot out and she is playing outside if it is red and sore you can put a little protrollum jelly under her neck. My DD is 2.5 and gets this all the time lol. It is gross lol. I wash her neck quit often through the day lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my son always had that too when he would spit up or spill formula on himself. i would use a diaper wipe and wash it off.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I use a wash cloth to clean it and another to dry it. Keep it dry and the redness should clear up.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I always make it a point to wipe it out with a baby wipe each time I change his diaper and put baby powder to soak up some of the wetness and keep him smelling good!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Baby powder (especially he cheap ones with talc) are really bad for baby's lungs.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010