how much should I charge to baby sit 2 boys that are like 3 and 2 they are only a few months apart from eachother

I use to babysit this girl when she was younger. She has 2 boys now that are real close in age and my kids are 5 and 2.5. I would probably watch the kids at my house if I do it and so I will feed them. She says she works 9am-5pm not sure if it is everyday or not. But she said she is paying to much for her sitter now. She said for 2 boys she pays a total of 5.00 an hour so which is averaging out to 40-50 a week and she said she only gets minimum wage. Is this to much that sh is paying now? What would be the right price to charge?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• http://www.sittercity.com/rate-landing.html?pc=gbab&gclid=CKirg8zO7KMCFczD7QodoAOd2A

This link should give you information for your area. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think it really depends what you are looking for. To me that seems very cheap but if you know this girl and are willing to watch her boys for this amount than it's a nice gesture. If she only makes minimum wage and this is what she can afford then you are really helping her out.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• actually she is looking for someone cheaper than this. This is what she pays now to her sitter and she says it is to much and looking to pay cheaper than this
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would charge by the day, say $15 to $20 a day....I would cut her a break since she is not making much
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

I went to this website and it told me 9.75 an hour for 2 kids
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's up to you what you want to charge. The sittercity thing is only a guideline. If you want to do her a favor then by all means, decide what you will need to cover her costs. Feeding the kids might be a bigger deal than you think. I know some kids that barely eat at all, and some that put it away like a teenager. $5 / hour is not much at all, although I understand her dilema with earning min. wage and all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• bump and gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010