What's going on?

So I recently started paying our bills again after about a year of my DH handling it. When I was paying the cell phone bill, I decided to look at the call logs and found somehting interesting? On his phone, there are a lot of calls to a former female friend of ours that we (or I guess just me) haven't talked in quite some time. There wasn't any problem with her, but shthings just kind of tapered off. I kept going further back and the calls seem to start about 6 months after I last talked to her. They seem to happen when he's "running errands" or otherwise alone. Some are 40 min to an hour. I ask him about these and he said they ran into each at the store and she called him after that and they've just been talking, "no big deal". Things aren't terrible betweem me and DH, but we have in a bit of a rut. I wonder if they have seen each other? What do you think could be happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell he needs to stop talking to her and want to know why he forgot to tell me about running into her. and I would also call her and tell her to leave my dh alone. But thats just me. its seems very fishy to me.
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'd be suspicious too. It's not a problem that your hubby would have a female friend (in my opinion, I know lots of women disagree) but the fact that he hasn't mentioned it, even in passing, in all this time is VERY suspicious.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry, but NOTHING ever good comes of married or otherwise committed individuals "chatting" on the side!! My husband and I only have mutual coupled friends, and go out as a group or to each others homes for BBQ's and such. There is absolutely NO WAY I could ever justify, talking to my husband's life long guy friend, "just because" or my husband talkign to his life-long friend's fiancee "just because!!" RED FLAG WARNING!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• He has been talking to her and never brang it up to you, ever? that is something you need to look into. If you are bold enough, call her and ask her why she is talking to your DH. And she is not talking to you. and for your DH. Get mad, really mad at him. talking to another women for 6 months be hind your back. what else have you been doing with he? that what I would be asking him.

Answer by louise2 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If there is nothing wrong then he shouldn't mind you calling her up for a 'get together' I would just say oh you must have forgot to tell me. then call her and rekindel (sp?) your friendship.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Anything is possible. But if the calls are happening when he is not at home, that doesn't look very good. I would keep an eye on the calls if I were you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yeah that does not look good for them at all. I would defiitely call her as well and question her. It is not a good idea for any man or woman to talk to a person of the opposite sex on the side, without the knowledge of their spouse. Even if it is casual and innocent. It could leade to something more. I would definitely not let it go. He needs to be held accountable.
    vallygirl1979

Answer by vallygirl1979 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2010