how much should I charge to baby sit 2 boys that are like 3 and 2 they are only a few months apart from eachother

I use to babysit this girl when she was younger. She has 2 boys now that are real close in age and my kids are 5 and 2.5. I would probably watch the kids at my house if I do it and so I will feed them. She says she works 9am-5pm not sure if it is everyday or not. But she said she is paying to much for her sitter now. She said for 2 boys she pays a total of 5.00 an hour so which is averaging out to 40-50 a week and she said she only gets minimum wage. Is this to much that sh is paying now? What would be the right price to charge?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• She feels she is paying too much because she is paying by the hour. Most pple who work pay a daycare price. Which varies in price. The daycare I use is small and they charge $16 a day per child. Hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30PM. For two children I would pay $32 for the whole day. A lot of in home ppl charge $10 or $12 per child, but many of them just babysit, where a daycare usually does a pre-k program that teaches colors, shapes, ect. Charge depending on the services you will be providing.
    sarah427

Answer by sarah427 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I run an in-home daycare. I use a daily rate, not weekly and for that amount of time I would charge $25 for the first child and $17 for the second per day.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• $25 a day
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• ask yourself this question what would another charge you for your kids. think about it
    DoughGirl1985

Answer by DoughGirl1985 at 2:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010