Do you always do something for your anniversary?

We have 4 kids and little money so we very seldom get to do anything big for our anniversary. No gifts. And since its hard to find a babysitter we seldom even get to go out... For our anniversary my hubby is ordering chinese and a movie from pay per view (Putting the kids to bed a little earlier). Am I alone?
What do you do?
It doesnt bother me alot, but I would like a night out JUST THE 2 OF US... (at least on our anniversaries)

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• we don't really do gifts or go out- maybe rent a movie...maybe not in 14 yrs of marriage, we have gone out TWICE for our anniversary
    so no you are not alone
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Our anni. is our one night out a year. My gram takes the kids and the hubby and I go to Dinner and maybe a movie if there is something good out and my gram will keep the kids that long.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• same here our anniversary is our one night out a year as well lol. We usually get a sitter and then we go out to dinner just DH and I
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• we dont always have the time, money or babysitter. last year we did what yall are doing.
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Before the kids hubs and I would take our anniversary week off work, and have a vacation. After the kids, many of the anniversaries we would either take the kids with out to eat or we would put them to bed early and have 'dinner and a movie' at home. The past few years my mom has offered to watch the kids so hubs and I can go out for a nice meal and have some 'us' time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We usually exchange gifts and go out to dinner--the restaurant where we became engaged...since we became engaged on Valentine's Day, it's a "two-for!" :o)

We feel that since we NEVER go out on a regular basis, and the only babysitter we have ever used is my 77 year young MIL, we deserve to celebrate holidays and special events together! Although, sometimes we combine gifts for one occasion, since we prefer to get one really nice gift instead of a bunch of small, not as useful gifts! :o) For example, our 10 year anniversary in is October, and I want a diamond encrusted locket (about $1500), and my husband wants a HD flat screen TV, about the same cost), so my gift will cover our anniversary, Christmas and Valentine's Day, and my husband's gift will cover his birthday, our anniversary and Christmas! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No. We were married in the summer and now we own a campground. We are usually way too busy to do anything for our anniversary. It doesn't change anything or mean we love each other less. It just is what it is. You have to deal with the situation you have. Don't worry about what most people do.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• on sept. 25th it will be our 6 year anniversary. never did anything for any of the years. my parents would always exchange gifts, etc. but me and hubby never did. probably because on our first anniversary we had a 3 month old and on our 5th anniversary we had a 1 week old so it's not like we could celebrate the 'major' milestones lol. o well..... i don't really care. we're not big on gifts anyhow lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Me and my SO wont be together on our first anniversary :( he will be deployed 2 weeks before
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We don't do much either. We had pizza for our first date, so we order pizza (usually Pizza Hut) and either rent a movie or just hang out. And usually with the kids.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010