Double Party??

My son is going to turn 4 on April 25th and my other son will be 1 on April 26th. Should I have a double party? I've always thrown big bashes for my first son (except for his 3rd birthday as I was in the hospital in labor with my second child and had a belated party), and I'm worried about not giving that same attention to my second child. Birthday parties require a lot of energy and I would like good ideas on how to throw a successful double party to cut down on stress.

starfilled

Asked by starfilled at 9:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Have you thought about making cupcakes instead of 2 cakes? I did that last year and now I will never make another cake for a party again :-) My son and nephew love Cars too.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• MY cousin's kids are almost exactly a year apart. She did a double party for them this year, one turned 2 the other 1. My sister and I had our boys 3 days apart and after 2 years of separate parties, we're doing a double one for them this year. We're go to one of those indoor inflatable play places.

I'd do a double party if I was in your shoes. Hubby's family is trying to guilt me into a huge bash for our daughters 1st and I refuse. I didn't want the big on for my son's 1st but didn't have much of a choice.

Make each of them their own cake, that'll make them feel special. Incorporate a theme they both like, if you can.

jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Yeah, I plan on doing a cars theme (probably depending on the weather that week, whatever my son decides - LOL) and the baby won't really care. I also will give the baby his own cake anyways, since no one really wants to eat the cake the baby has his hands and drool in - LOL. I was just looking for someone to tell me I wasn't insane for wanting to do this! :-) Double party. Cool, I hope. Thankfully, they'll grow up together and I will have one every year, so it will be normal for them.
    starfilled

Answer by starfilled at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• no don't do that some of my inlaws do that and it drives me crazy that is their special day let them have it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i have in the past did my boys bdays together they are 2 yrs 2 wks apart. i let them pick out the cake they both agree on. and i plan on doing this till my oldest says he wants his own party with his friends.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• We're going to do a mickey mouse clubhouse themed party! :-)
    starfilled

Answer by starfilled at 12:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008