What kind of car will fit 3 carseats??

xoutstarrs

Asked by xoutstarrs at 8:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• ugh, i had to switch to a 7-passenger deal. i got a chrysler pacifica and i don't like it. i wish i would have just broke down and got a mini-van instead lol. no car i tried would fit the booster, the forward facing car seat and the infant seat. and i tried alot lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have a friend that owns a dodge charger, and we fit her 2 carseats plus my one carseat in the backseat.. it was a tight fit but the carseats were safely belted.. but it worked..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have an older pontiac bonneville and it fits three car seats just fine. I also used to have a 2000 Chrysler Concord and it did as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You can cram 3 carseats in the back of several cars, but carseats aren't supposed to touch (or so I've read) and I've never seen a car that can handle that.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• only a mini van of some sort
    cindyhooker

Answer by cindyhooker at 9:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• 3 seater SUV, or a mini van.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I fit an infant seat and 2 boosters in the back of my dad's Pontiac Gran Prix but it was such a tight fit that I cut my hands all up trying to buckle the kids into the booster (they sure couldn't have done in themselves).
    We had a minivan for awhile and you could NOT fit 3 carseat across the back seat so if all your kids are in seats the most you can fit is 4 in a minivan and there really isn't room in the back for a kid to sit between or next to the carseats.
    We're going with a full size van for our next vehicle because we have 5 kids now and 4 of them are in carseats/boosters.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I honestly never had any problem getting all three of mine fastened into a toyota. tight fit, but safe and secure.
    Tigrlily07

Answer by Tigrlily07 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You can line up 3 Radians. I used to have play dates with a friend and her 2 kids. We fit her 2 forward facing kids and my rear facing kid in her back seat. I found it amazing cause it was a very little car. A toyota something. I can't remember the type anymore. But I'm sure it's doable with plenty.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You can fit three in my Monte Carlo, all can be safely tethered and buckled. I would not advise it though, the car only has two doors....the middle seat is a nightmare! While I only have a booster, currently... I have done it when me and a friend took the kids to the park. You will need to literally go out there and do some real world tests at the dealerships.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010