Who walked you down the aisle?

My bio was a dead beat, so my step father walked me down the board walk to my husband (beach wedding).. But I always called my step father Dad.
My bio, who was not invited to the wedding, did call me to congratulate me on my wedding, about 3 months later.
Who walked you down the aisle? Was it how you had always dreamed it would be?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 8:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My son
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my father did. it was not how i dreamed it would be because my mother died a couple of years before then. other than that it was a very nice wedding though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It was a friend of my husbands. My dad had moved 3000 away and couldnt make the trip. It was ok,,,,would have rather of had my dad though
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My dad's best friend. My father died when I was 15. It was between him and my sister's husband... I chose my uncle, who is like a second father to me. I love that man a whole lot and I'm so glad it was him to take my dad's place.

I always wanted it to be my dad growing up, but on that day it was a nice tribute to the man who couldn't be there.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my papaw walked me from the cabin and handed me to my dad..and my dad walked me to my husband. It meant a lot to me that my papaw be involved. I really would've rather him walk me entirely but i didnt want to feel bad later down the road for not including my dad.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• ..really if i had it to do all over again i wouldve just let my papaw do it...i don't know why i included my dad. i was so stupid
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my youngest son did cause my oldest didn't want to. my father can't walk to well and i didn't think it was right to have my step father do it in from of him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am an only child to a single parent, and never knew my father. My grandfather had always planned on giving me away (I was affectionately referred to as his "little pumpkin!"), but he passed away one year to the day of my wedding.

Since no other man could fill that role, and I wasn't particularly close to my mother (even though she attended), I walked MYSELF down the aisle in front of over 200 guests!!! :o)

I explained this in my wedding program, in a tribute to honor my grandfather's memory. Several guests told me later they cried more when they read my tribute than when my husband and I said our vows! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It was my dad. It was the part of the day because we mad efun of the way peopel were dressed walkign down lol
    jellis

Answer by jellis at 8:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My mom. My dad was never in the picture and my grandfather had recently died.

But in our religious tradition both bride and groom are escorted down the aisle by both parents, first the groom, then the bride.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010