how can i make my pregnancy varicose veins feel better?! adult content

the veins are only in one leg and started behind the knee. now they extend from my calf to my vaginal area! they hurt everytime i stand up, even first thing in the morning.

kaleynuss

Asked by kaleynuss at 8:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try sleeping and sitting with your legs elevated then the blood won't pool so bad. have you tried compresses? you might try cool compresses and see if that helps
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Try to keep off your feet as much as possible. I had varicose veins in my Vjayjay and I understand how bad it hurts. I spent one weekend completely off my feet and then I sat down as much as possible after that. I also drank a lot of water. It helped. Good luck.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There is nothing that can make them better but varicose veins means that you have poor circulation in your legs. You should keep them elevated above your heart when you sleep and when you lounge around. Try getting your blood pumping by walking once a day as well. Stay hydrated. You can also buy those pregnancy compression stalkings.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• See if your Dr. will give you a prescription for a pair of compression stockings or go to your local pharmacy & get a pair of support/ compression stockings. They will help the circulation & make your feet & legs feel amazing. They will cost anywhere from $10.00- $20.00 or so, but are so worth it. Prescription ones will cost about $125.00 or so depending on the size. I was prescribed a pair of maternity ones when I was pregnant with baby #3.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Umm, I was on a blood thinner an had horrible vericous veins..my ob told me that I would wear the hose that people with blood clots wear ( or post blood clotting I don't remember) anyway, but they were very tight but kept my veins from widening..it helped a lot..you can find them at any medical store, but fair warning they're ok the expensive side.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010