Religion path?

I'm confused. I have always consider myself catholic. I even used to teach sunday school. but I find myself confuse lately. I have noticed that a lot of my beliefs are in line with the wiccan religion and not so much with the catholic religion. How can I decide? should I explore? I really need guidence. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Most catholics would argue this with me but you already see it's true. The catholic religion is the closest thing to pagan without being pagan. Even the statue of Mary is very much like our goddess form. The incense, steeple, bells, and even the cross were all taken from pagan traditions. The reason for this is the original Christians wanted to convert the people of the day. Most of which were pagan. By adapting the traditions, symbols and even the practices they could more easily convert people... However today most people don't know the difference. I recommend you do some research. I have sites that can help you. But YOU need to do some searching both externally and internally.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I say explore and learn all you can. If your heart and your truth conflict with the path you are walking, then it isn't the best path for you.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• :) I was raised Catholic as a child, then when my parents got divorced, my mom became Mormon. I turned to Wicca when I was about 16.

Here's my beliefs- I think all religions have their pros and cons. My current "religion" is like a big compilation of all I've learned in my life.

Part of what draws me to the old religions is that they were there first. I believe in magic and spells. I do however believe Jesus died for my sins.

Find your own path! It might not even be as clearly definable as Pagan or Christian, etc.

Read up on all religions, that's the best way to learn.
    Anonymous

• Explore, but also explore more about Catholicism also.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• somethings you may not know :) the candles Catholics use, is a form of candle magic. A prayer is a spell. Jesus was not born in December, the Christian church made that the celebration because of a Pagan holiday so that Pagans would join in. Easter- come on! a bunny? that's from the Pagan fertility festival ("doing it like rabbits" LOL) ;)
    Anonymous

• I agree with BlueFrogMama -- explore and decide what's in your heart. Be true to YOURSELF! Nothing is more aggravating to me than a person who claims to be of a certain religion, yet doesn't follow it!

Ex/ there was a woman I use to know who was a die-hard "bible believer" yet she slept with her husband before marriage and did a number of other things that went against her religion and I wanted to call her on it so much! I just wanted to say, "Jessica, it's OK not to follow or practice your religion -- just because that's how you were brought up doesnt' mean you HAVE to follow it now that you're a grown woman!" Honestly, it made me look at her completely differently -- i viewed her as a hypocrite and looked down on her
    Anonymous

• Catholics are NOT the only ones that use candles.... Re: Candles this youtube video may be helpful: http://www.cafemom.com/group/32007/boards/read/3503704/That_Catholic_Show_Candles_and_Lights

It's no secret that Christ wasn't born in December; It's no secret that the dates of celebration where changed to line up with pagan beliefs to help with the conversion of those pagans. They enjoyed their celebrations so much that......

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• see I too believe that jusus die fo rmy sins. I believe in confession. i believe in evolution. I believe in magi and spells. I believe in respecting mother earth. I believe that there is more than one god. i'm totally pro choice had an abortion and felt no guilt about it. baptized my children. Celebrate christmas. i believe in karma, and inner peace.
    Anonymous

• You may never find a Church you feel comfortable going to but that doesn't mean any thing! Just follow your heart.
    Anonymous

• i also feel very empty. as If I was missing something. I don't even know how to explain it.
    Anonymous