How soon after a miscarriage do you usually start your period again?

I went to the doctor this last Thursday and my hcg level were finally at 1.5. I miscarried a month ago. When should I expect to have my period again? For those who had a miscarriage, how soon after your loss did your period come back?

tmm89

Asked by tmm89 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my second (including the actual miscarriage) 3 weeks after. It took 3 cycles before I was regular. My Gyno said that in a few cases, if the pregnancy if farther along, the hormones can take a little longer to adjust and it can take 8-10 weeks for a "regular" period. It is all dependant on your body.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Mine started at 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• when I had a miscarriage my doctor considerd that my period. I guess this may be because I was only five weeks. As for me, I got pregnant around november 2. I had my miscarriage dec. 10 and I was pregnant again around jan. 2. So techically I didn't have a period.I know that this may not entirely answer your question, but it was in efforts to let you know that you should keep trying if you want to have a baby real bad!!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think mine started about 5 weeks after I miscarried. And its been crazy ever since and that was September 07.
    tns11

Answer by tns11 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I started my period about 5 weeks after I miscarried. It was REALLY heavy at first but then slacked off.
    wastedspace

Answer by wastedspace at 9:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had mine 5 weeks after d&c. My hcg's were at 0.0 when I got mine. Usually ovulation happens at 0.0 then 2-3 wks. later you menstrate.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• The lady on the phone said it could take me 2-3 months for me to have a regular period. Does that mean we'd have to wait that long til we could try again?
    tmm89

Answer by tmm89 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008