Kitchen Playset?

Does anyone happen to have a play kitchen, in good shape, that they're getting rid of? I want it! lol.

We're trying to find a cheap one, but it seems all the cheap ones are masculine...its really weird.

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 9:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol, i want a kitchen set too..... but all the cute ones are really expensive. i feel your pain on this!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Really?
    7 years ago when my son wanted one and I was a single mother, that only one I could find that I could afford was a lavender and pink one.
    It's funny how times have changed over the years.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I found one at a garage sale this year and it cost $5.00. I was so excited. I went to target and got a basket of play food to go with it, that cost another $5.00. I think it was my best find garage sale shopping this year.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son wanted one too! LOL... instead, I saved a bunch of packaging from the grocery store and resealed them...boxes, cans, bottles from cereal to noodles, coffee, water etc... then I stopped at the craft/dollar store and got fake vegis and fruits. I put then on rubbermaid shelf unit, like at the store. Then I gave him his old bowls and plates, paper plates and spoons, and little chinese takeout boxes. I got him a chef's hat and apron for $1. He now pretends to run a grocery store and restaurant. No need for the overpriced kitchen! He loves it and I don't think I spent 6 or 7 dollars. We priced all the food and made menus...it's how I teach him math and currency.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• VERY cool idea Woodwitch. I'll definitely look into doing something like that.
    Deathlilly

Comment by Deathlilly (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I looked on craigslist AFTER I bought one from wal-mart and it was WWWAAAYYY cooler than what I bought! lol

Check craigslist and ebay, etc! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• WoodWitch is always full of the awesome! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• LOL... thanks! I'm very crafty and frugal ... shhhh... I've also been known to run with scissors...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My DD's kitchen set is green & beige. lol. She doesn't care though, she'd have fun with it no matter what the color was.

You can always search on craigslist.org in your area. I was looking on it today and came across two different Dora kitchen sets that people were selling for only about $10 a piece!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010