whats the most embarssing thing your child said/did in public?

mine has to be either when we were at wal mart and my oldest went to some total stranger and told her had had to go poop. and another time its just my and my 3 kids and my oldest went potty by himself in the mens room and then my 2 nd one (still in pulls ups ) decides to follow and had ask a guy to bring back out and he said umm he going potty so had to have him watch my duaghter and keep guys from going in while i fetched my son from the mens room

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well, My husband loves to watch kung-fu movies... One very quiet Sunday morning (when my daughter was 3 years old) we went to a restaurant. they sat us at a booth where we could see directly into the kitchen. There were a few Asian chefs. The room was pretty silent... you could even hear people breathing!... After we ordered my little girl stood up in the booth, looked directly into the Kitchen and said in her loudest voice..."Mommy!, Kung-fu is making my pancakes!!! ;-)
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my step daughter was 5 she asked an overweight lady in the grocery store when her baby was due. The lady wasn't pregnant! My sister was and my step daughter thought all heavy ladies were pregnant. I could have crawled under the floor!

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my oldest was 3 or 4, we were at the mall and decided to stop and get some cookies. All the sudden, he pulls his elastic waist pants out in front of him and starts to play with himself!

For my youngest: I'd always put my hand between his legs to check how full his diaper was and also ask him, "are you poopy?" Well, one day at the dr.'s office, he goes up to the woman dr., puts his hands between her legs and asks her, "are you poopy?" I was mortified.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Oh I think that the pregnancy comments come standard with kids. I had my 4 year old niece in the bank when I was about 6 months pregnant with my daughter...she asks a lady "Are you fat because you're having a baby?" and the lady laughs and said "Nope, I'm fat because I eat too much." Then assuming I was her mother she said, "Let me guess, is mommy having a baby?" To further my humiliation, my niece replied "Um, that's my aunt actually, and she's got my brother in her belly". All I could say was "you don't look pregnant, this is my niece, I'm pregnant with her COUSIN, we don't have a bad family situation"...and then I wanted to switch banks! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my son was little he couldn't say the letter K so he replaced it with a T, my friend Kitty and I were out one day and she needed to stop by the bank, well the bank was crowded and it was taking a while so my son yelled really loud Titty what's taking so long? Everyone stopped and looked at us, all I wanted to do was hide.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My elder son was fasinated with female boobs while I was nursing his little brother. He was 18 months old and while we were in walmart shopping for me a new bra, he started commenting on size. I was holding his baby brother in a sling nursing him, when this larger lady with a huge chest walked near us and started looking at bras too. All the sudden my son yells to me "Wow mommie her boobies are really big I bet withthose she nurses ten babies!" I shushed him and told him to stay quiet as i turn to make my sorries to the lady he picks up the same bra she is holding and puts his head in it and screams "See mommie they are bigger Than yours, so she has more babies right?" All I could do was try not to cry of humiliation and apologise for my very rude son. She laughed and wasnt too upset but needless to say we left soon after.
    twototsmom

Answer by twototsmom at 9:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My dd was about 3, she was shopping with my mom, my mom took her into the dressing room while she tried on a few dresses. My dd looked at my mom and asked, "MawMaw what is that your wearing under your clothes?" My mom told her it was girdle. My dd asked what a girdle was for. My mom answered, "It's to hold my fat in." My dd looked at my mom for a few minutes and seemed to be thinking, then she says, "Um MawMaw.....I don't think it's working!" LOL

My dd is now 26 years old, so this happened back in the day when alot of women wore girdles. I have loved to tell this story over the years....it cracks me up!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• A lady who worked in the store we were shopping at stopped to talk to my dd (she was about 1 1/2 at the time). She kept trying to get her to say hello and tell her name. Oivia was not going to talk, she sat there tight lipped the entire time. Finally the lady said, "Well, bye bye pretty little girl." And Olivia piped up "Bye!" I couldn't help but laugh, what a smart alec in the making!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my son was about 2 1/2, I was in the groc. store, shopping. While pushing him in the basket, we rounded the corner to the next aisle and I smelled an awful smell that the lady in front of me left behind. I didn't say anything about it but when my son finally caught it, he said, "Somebody tooted! Whoooooo dood it?!" hahaha He's 22 now and just graduated Basic Training in the US Army.
    grammijudi

Answer by grammijudi at 11:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• there are some every funny stories, what my son did was not as bad, but it was still funny. my son was about 2, not sure what age really, but he was just learning how to talk. so anyway one day my son was pulling my cats tail and wouldn't stop, after i told him many times i finally had enough and not thinking about what i was saying i said to him "What the hell is you problem, quit pulling the cats tail" well after i said that i was thinking oh crap i shouldn't have said that and i hope he doesn't catch what i said and repeat it. well my son just looked at me and with the plainest looking face with no emotions said to me "what the hell is your problem" plain and clear as day. we later that day went somewhere with family and my son went around the whole night saying "what the hell is your problem" to all of my family, I felt sooo bad

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2008