Any one use a cpap machine for sleep apnea?

I have a loaner at the moment but will be buying one next month. Just wondering how long it took you to start feeling a major difference. And do you know anyone who was on the machine but no longer needs it? I've had two nights sleep with it and I do feel a little better. I've got more energy, anyway.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 9:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• I use one and I love it. I instantly felt better and I refuse to sleep without it now. When I don't sleep without it I realize that I feel dizzy and tired the whole next day. I feel that they are worth it!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I don't use one but my husband does. It is the first time that I've been able to sleep with him for over a year (it reduces his snoring to almost nothing). He has used it for about a month. He feels a lot better and does not drag during the day like he did. Good luck!
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have a best friend who has been on one for a long time. I cant say much for his improvement. He is a bit of a hypochondriac. lol
    I think it helped him out a lot originally. I know this wasnt much help but i thought i would tell you what i know.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Have you considered natural products? When you give your body the proper nutrients you are allowing to heal itself. Our body needs frutis and vegetables as these are the foods that have the highest nutritions. When we intake good nutrients, our bodies have a way of healing any ailments and giving us the energy we need to function. I promote an all organice juice beverage that have helped hundreds of thousands of people with different ailments, including sleep disorders. If you would ike more information please email me.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• when i worked for an ent doctor, 5 years ago he actually recommended a surgical treatment called UPPP and/or septoplasty to those with chronic problems more than cpap machines. the reason behind it is that one, cpap machine may help with your sleep apnea but never really cures it. two, for the same reason, the surgical treatment is if it is successful permanent. two, cpap machine is next to impossible to be called comfortable or convenient.
    something to think about before choosing cpap machines over surgery.
    goreigo

Answer by goreigo at 12:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2008