• In the Spotlight:

I am so trying potty train my 2 1/2 year old. She's my second child and she's being very difficult. If u have any ideas or techniques, please help.

braycarh1

Asked by braycarh1 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we bought the potty time bear and video and a play potty for the bear .
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I found getting a inviting potty chair works,like a wiinie the pooh one.
    They don't fear it,it makes them feel like an big person,it makes flushing sounds & so on.
    Before you know it they are using it on ther own.
    A potty chart works for them to see evertime they use it.
    Tell them for a perfect month of trying they get a reward,trust me before you know it they will use the big potty without problems.
    We call that potty graduation day.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'm having the same problem with my 2 yr girl. I'm stressing because it's now fall and the weather is getting cooler. The more layer of clothes they have on the harder it is for them to get undress. My son was a breeze when he was potty trained. Is it a girl thing?
    tish0816

Answer by tish0816 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My daughter was very hard to potty train so what we did was get her a wiinie the pooh potty chair that makes different sounds. I would put her on the potty every 30 min or when I need to go. Then we told her if she did good all week then she could go to the store in pick out a toy.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have used this technique with my 2yr old son as well as my daughter (who is now 1oyrs). BTW it worked with my brother and I(now 30 lol). Buy him/her a toilet seat (the kind u place over our big toilet) try to find one with characters. Also buys a step stool also with character..I think with little one its that whole "I want to do what mommy and daddy does". So let them know they are big boys/girls now. Keep them in training underwear NO PULL-UPS. From the min they get up, until its time for bed. Through out the day take them to the toilet even if they don't have to go. As soon as they tell you they need to go take them and make sure to make a big deal about it CLAP,DANCE,SING they love that...good luck. I still have one more to go.
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• difficult or not ready???? all kids bladders mature at different rates she may just not be ready i refuse to rush my son he is 2 and 1/2 and im waiting till he is ready not me.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 1:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008