Pagans

Who do you worship?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• a goddess AND a god
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I've wondered this myself. Is there one god and one goddess that all pagans worship? Do they have names? Not trying to be dumb, just honestly curious. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• actually to ask what does a Pagan worship is a very broad question. Pagan means worshiping more than 1 deity. so one person could worship The Sun & The Moon, while another could worship the Norse pantheon, or even Native Americans and their animal gods. here's one link to a pagan site http://www.paganpromises.com/faq.html

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• there are a lot of gods and goddess and they dont have just one name. it is a very open religion. there are no set standards of what to believe. every pagan has their own beliefs.

http://www.outofthedark.com/

theres another link for you to look into. it has a little bit of info.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am pagan in every respect. Yes i worship. In a standard way no but in my own way yes.
    twototsmom

Answer by twototsmom at 9:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• A lot of us envoke a certain God or Goddess for whatever situation we need assistance with at that time.  

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am a pagan. My specific path is Irish Druid. I believe in a God and a Goddess. There are many Celtic deities; whom you chose to invoke is your choice.
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 12:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It depends upon which Pagan tradition one follows. I follow an Eclectic path, meaning one made of different traditions including Celtic Paganism, Feri Tradition, Dianic Wicca and some Eastern beliefs. I believe in a Creator that is immanant within all life, all creation, the earth, universe, etc. In other words I don't see this Creator as a separate, judgemental patriarch the way Judeo-Christian beliefs often do. I feel that we are manifestations of Creator and that our spirits can tap into the infinite wisdom and love of Creator if we choose.

I also believe in the Goddess who I see as a manifestation of Creator and is a vital, creative and nurturing energy. Not saying my path is the only way, but it's the path that resonates with me.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 1:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well said Feridust! Most of the time Pagan is used to describe religions other than Christianity, Judaism and Muslim. So you could count all religions other than those as Pagan, such as Norse, Egyptian, Greek, Native American and so on.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I personally believe in many gods and goddesses... Others believe in One God and One Goddess... It depends on the tradition. I am an eclectic pagan and draw from many pagan religions. I also know pagans that believe all goddesses are just different representations of THE Goddess and same for the God....

The one thing that I think we all agree on is Gia... No matter what branch you belong to we all believe in the mother goddess or goddess queen so to speak... Lesser gods may or may not be followed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2008