omg im so ugh i dont know how to get this threw his head anymore

im about to go mental on our roomate he keeps smoking inside just cause he is a pansy and wotn go out in the cold its only 50 degrees and i usually can handle it but sems liek me beign pregnant it makes my head hurt i get sick and i cant breathe its ridiculous idk what to flippin do i am about to take my SOs dip spit bottle and go pour it on him !! and we cant move this is all we can afford right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• unfortunately if he pays rent i don't think you can do anything. that is EXTREMELY inconsiderate on his part though. Why don't your so say something to him. when it's guy to guy talk it's not nagging.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• he doesnt pay rent .. he is a lazy ass that is living off his dad because his mom got sick of him and there is the rule in this house no cig smoking inside he only doles it when his dad is at work ...
    Anonymous

• Its simple. I have roommate issues too. You just have to tell him. Either he puts on a coat and goes outside or he quits smoking. Its your babies health. I cant say a whole lot i am preg and i am smoking. I am working on quitting cause i feel guilty when i light up. I dont blame you. And your situation sounds like mine. lol roommate drives me up the wall and cant move for financial reasons either. You have to put your foot down. If he gets mad he gets mad. It has to be that way. Your baby is more important than his nicotine habit. Just try to find a good way to put it. If you dont say anything now it will be too late and it will all build up and you will snap on him.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If he won't be a decent person and smoke outside, will he at least smoke next to a window with a box fan pointed outside? That should work pretty well to keep the smoke out of the house. If he is too inconsiderate to do even that, declare a smoke-free room, keep it well ventilated and sealed off from the rest of the house as well as possible, and workk on getting your own place.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• well if he aint paying rent than guess u have higher say i would flat out say listen i know its cold out and i know u cant go with out ur nicotene but do me a favor go out side n smoke cause im not going to risk my babys health cause of ur habit and i shouldnt have to go outside since the rules of the house are NO smoking in the house
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• we are working on it just right now thigs are hard and we found out that my SO may get laid off he works for the airlines and they are cutting people again and we have a sheltered backyard and he wont even do that cause it means he has to go down stairs ... i just i dotn know it is so rude when we have asked before for him not to do it now im just mad ...
    Anonymous

• I dunno girl. Maybe do your best to talk to this person...communication is always just that...a good thing. IF you do not get through to him at least try to settle with him by saying this AREA over here is a non smoking area. Maybe invest in one of those smoke eater things...dunno what its called. It's like a machine that breathes in the smoke and filters it in the home. But if you cant meet at the point you want to meet at, try to meet in the middle. If nothing else works, no matter what, the baby's health is more important that anything,...so walk maybe outside while he is smoking and get you and the soon to be born baby some fresh hair. Just my thoughts.

Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• his dad smokes too but he does out side and i have calmy told him to do it outside before and he just ignores me he thinks that since im a woman that i dotn mean anything and even his dad has to tell him that he is not in philipino (sp) sorry i cant spell it and needs to have more respect but still nothing .. thats why i wanna take the dip spit and pour it on him
    Anonymous

• oh ya lol i dont know what those are called either i call it a smoke eater too lol ill look in to that .. its just agh cause it gets in the vents and just cycles threw the house aghhh lol
    Anonymous

• they are called ionic breeze. they are actually the greatest things ever. i had a friend that had a cat. i couldnt spend time in his house without getting sick. then he got one of those and i could go over there all the time. they also help with the smoke in the house. They will probably help everyone brethe better. They get rid of dust and everything. you just have to get the one with the pull out coil that just gets washed off and not one with a filter. That way you dont have to buy filters. you can get a cheap version of one at walmart. if nothing else you get one to put in the room that he smokes in
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 9:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008