everyone is buying costume...

my mom made all of mine. but she was good with sewing etc.. i am not. i have mentally got through everything i own but i can't think of a match ... maybe it is easier to dress a girl? i was everything from a cat to a California raisin. i was a ghost bride ... what creative things can i pull from nothing? for a 2 year old... I really dont wanna buy a costume!

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• make a sword and eye patch out of cardboard, some silk scarves, lots of necklaces, a eyeliner moustache, black pants and a striped shirt and tada he's a pirate.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my mom made all of mine too - up until I was a teen too - I wish I would have taken that trait from her because the only thing I would be able to make is a ghost costume.. yay!! sorry - good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Martha Stewart's website has some easy to make costumes. You don't have to be good at sewing...but it does help. I'm making my costume for my vow renewal but I'm just going to find a tacky wedding dress at a Thrift store and toss some blood on it.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• A lion-dress in brown sweatpants and sweatshirt, draw on whiskers, get a brown hat and attach the 'mane' by putting on lots of strings of yellow yarn

A chef-a little apron and chef's hat, stick a wooden spoon out of the apron pocket, maybe a mustache

Popeye- sailor hat and stuff the sleeves on the shirt with something so it looks like big muscles
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son was "Bob the Builder" when he was 2. I just put him in a plaid flannel shirt and overalls that he already owned. His birthday was earlier that month and he got a construction kit (plastic hard hat and tools) and he wore those.
    You can also easily do a farmer look with those clothes.
    I make all my kids costumes either from patterns and sewing or throwing stuff together that they already own.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• A friend of mine made an awesome Frankenstein costume for her son. 2nd hand store clothes and makeup and tissue boxes for shoes. You could check out the 2nd hand store for costumes too.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Does your mom still HAVE the ones she made you... reduce, reuse, recycle!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Simply think of what you would like your 2 yr old to dress as...
    Make a list of items that would be needed...
    Hit thrift stores and dollar stores for the pieces needed...
    and to help with up coming yrs, buy an large orange plastic tub
    and keep your Halloween costume things you never know when
    that little cap or hat or gloves will come in handy in a yr or two- 3...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• nothing that would fit him... i thknk we kept one of them... the ghost bride thing... it is no longer wearable lol

thank you everyone!!! I am starting to think pirate or robot... duck tape or black lol :D hmmm
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yellow sweat pants, white t-shirt and yellow zip up sweat shirt.... half-pealable banana.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010