So now that it HAS BEEN RULED ARSON....

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Federal investigators said Friday that a suspicious fire that damaged construction equipment at the site of a future mosque in Tennessee was arson and offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

The blaze frightened members of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, which has found its plans to build a new mosque drawn into a fierce debate surrounding a proposed Islamic community center two blocks from Manhattan's ground zero.

Firefighters had said there was a strong smell of diesel from the fire that engulfed the cab of a dump truck last weekend, and authorities found fresh fuel pooled under a second dump truck, according to an incident report from the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department.

Do you think the CLIMATE of HATE being spread by the ANTI MOSQUE groups is causing VIOLENCE towards Muslims?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100903/ap_on_re_us/us_tennessee_mosque

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Today’s domestic terror threats run the gamut, from hate-filled white supremacists…to highly destructive eco-terrorists…to violence-prone anti-government extremists…to radical separatist groups.
    ______________________________
    Oh, but sweet, they are not REAL terrorists unless they own a Qar'an. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Whether or not the individual was/is anti-Mosque doesn't change the very real threat that this Islamaphobic mentality poses to the Muslim community. Its quite scary, to think that people can become frenzied enough to do things like this to other people. And I think, as this Muslim brand of xenophobia swells and grows, we're only going to see more and more of this, which is as sad as it is frightful. You'd figure, after all the times we've seen this same kind of prejudiced exercised in other ways throughout history, that we would have put these immature ways behind us. To think that anyone participates in the fear and hate mongering that we see is saddening, but to know that prominent members of our country, that people we turn to for direction, such as politicians and news people, are involved in this as well... its just disheartening. We're better than this, and our Muslim citizens DESERVE better than this...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Its quite scary, to think that people can become frenzied enough to do things like this to other people.

***

Yeah. And do you have ANY idea how many totally innocent Siekhs were attacked or killed after 9/11 because some ignorant dumbf*cks thought "towel heads" (their term, not mine!) were the same as Islamic terrorists?! Do you really feel the need to drive home your point, so much so, that you are willing to ignore the MANY instances where ignoramuses jumped to conclusions?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's possible that the crime was committed by someone that was anti-mosque, but until they know for sure it would be careless of me to say for sure. I knew plenty of delinquents when I was younger that committed crimes that had nothing personally do to with the people the crimes ended up effecting.  (BTW, I am not anti or pro mosque)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Do you think the CLIMATE of HATE being spread by the ANTI MOSQUE groups is causing VIOLENCE towards Muslims?

It's possible. I'd prefer more information before I make a complete judgment.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sweet,

Your the one spreading the hate by always jumping to conclusions.  Until the person is caught that burned the truck, we will not know their motive. It could even be somebody that has a beef with the construction company or some kids doing vandalism for fun. It seems to me if they were anti-Muslim they would burn what has already been built & not a dump truck. A dump truck is to easy to replace, and does nothing to stop the building of the Mosque.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100813/ap_on_re_as/as_malaysia_allah_ban

http://www.persecutionblog.com/2010/02/church-arson-suspect-likes-nietzsch-and-bonfires.html

and here are 2 church arsons across the decade and globe..............do you think the anti-Christian ferver fuels these hate crimes?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It could even be somebody that has a beef with the construction company

***

Found this little "gem." "Investigators found diesel fuel spilled under another truck and spotted a car nearby with someone who appeared to have been "watching" the fire. The car drove off when a police sergeant tried to flag it down, according to the police report. Rutherford County sheriff's deputies got the car's license plate number and tracked it to a 2003 Nissan registered to someone living at a home about four miles away from the mosque site."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100904/NEWS01/9040321/1001/NEWS

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Not good..but some act AS IF this hasn't been happening to churches too..it has..some muslims have destroyed churches and synagouges as well..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• This makes me ill. What this is,/ is nothing better that cross burnings and the Birmingham, Alabama Church bombing all over again. How wold you all feel if you were going to church on a holiday, and feeling scared that some crazy is going to cause problems or heaven forbid, injuries? Well, welcome to my world, next week as I bring my kids to the Eid prayers. I hope those people are happy thinking that my 2 year old is a terrorist that caused the 9/11 Bombings. WTF
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010