Is this normal???

My SO is gonna be 32. His old room in his parents house was completely covered in posters of half naked girls from the 80's! Now, 15yrs later when his parents finally cleaned out the room and threw them out he almost lost it! He is a pig though so i cant really put it past him. Is this immature or what?? Mind you, the pst werent worth anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like he's upset because it's the last part of his childhood, it's like they not only took some old posters down but they have moved on past his childhood, it just probaly makes him feel alittle insecure. I agree this should have been done a long time ago, and he should have dealt with it by now....but he didn't and they didn't....so now he's 32 and having to deal with something he should have dealt with in his late teens. I wouldn't be too upset with him, it's an issue for him that he has to deal with....It's now time to fully be a man, no going back to a safe room at mommy and daddy's house. It's just something he has to deal with, and it's probaly harder because they left it as his room for so many years. If you make a big deal about how he feels about those "naked girl" posters, it'll draw the whole process out longer, just let him grieve his loss and move on.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• it's probably sentimental value if guys have that.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• how though? we have been together for years and have a daughter. These are almost 15yrs old and are of no name girls. :)
    Anonymous

• i would say he's being immature.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I agree...immature
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 10:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• they meant something to him. They should have told him so he could get them and save them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It's a guy thing. My husband has well over 100 t-shirts, a collection he started as a kid. Many of them are full of holes and stains. I sat him down one day and got him to part with a few, less than a dozen. They mean a lot to him. I don't understand it and they drive me crazy (that many x-lg t-shirts take up a LOT of space), but it's his thing. They're like a history of his life - lol...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Maybe it really wasn't about the posters but more a symbol of his childhood that his parents simply disposed of without telling him they were going to. He probably didn't even know why he lost it himself. It was just an emotional reaction. Try not to judge him. It had meaning to him that you probably don't even realize.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have nothing nice to say here.

So I'll leave it with

Wowconfused

cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 1:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008