Have you handed a pet over to the humane soceity or to ASPCA?

Why?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 9:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pets

• I have a few times for various reasons...it is the hardest thing to do, give up something you want to keep but can't, then wonder about it if it was adopted and by whom or was it put to sleep....one cat I gave them because i was watching it for a friend and wasn't allowed cats but she was suddenly homeless, 3 months down the road i told her to pick it up or it was going to the humane society and she didn't believe me, the next day she had to buy her cat back for $78 from the shelter
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I took my sister's cat there today. She wasn't taking care of it.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 10:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No, but I bought a cat from the SPCA
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When I joined the military, I lived with my Grandmother who I was caring for. She was not able to take care of the dog and I did not know anyone in the area and could not find a home for him in the two week notice that I had to ship out so I had to. I will always wonder what happened to him. He was the sweetest thing ever and I had him for a long time I just was out of options.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No. I have gotten a dog from the humane society though. A terry mix when I was a teenager. His name was Odie and was actually suppose to be my brother's dog but we shared.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No I work for the Humane Society.. Usually what happens is they ask me to foster and they end up part of the family...
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i had returned one that i got there. they told me up front they felt she was sick and that they wouldn't treat her and i could take her and find out what was wrong with her. so i did. spent a lot of money on her, then my father started letting in all the drug users on our street come and rob us. i found one chick naked with my kids sleeping in their rooms down the hall. they would come during the day and get his bank card and take his money. i had to move and couldn't take my new adopted dog. so i took her back with all the meds i gotten for her. it was so sad. she was a great dog besides being extremely ill. i couldn't keep up with the vet bills with suddenly having to move out with my 2 boys and single mother.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• ya cuz the animal was dangerous, bit people and infected them. So he had to be taken care of.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes. My husband's cat was hit by a car. We took her to the emergency clinic, and were told that it would cost anywhere from 3-5k to get her back to rights, because of a broken jaw, and an eye hanging out, and the like. They gave us the option of turning her over to them. We wouldn't get her back, but they would fix her up and put her up for adoption. We figured it was a better option for her, since she was fairly young, than to just put her down.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• no i have never done that with ant pet we had at home. but if i see a animal out on the streets i will take it to the animal shelter
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2010