If you walk your kids to school how many minutes does it take?

I drove my son last year but this year we are going to walk it, its a 20 minute walk there. I plan to walk him then run back, then run there pick him up and walk back.

I'm pretty fat so i'm hoping this is going to get me back in shape and the pounds to fall off. We have been doing this walk all summer, so we both can do it but i'm going to be doing it twice lol.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 10:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• 15minutes.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It would take at least 20 minutes, one way. I want to get more exercise, but I prefer to do it inside after 8 am. The older ones sometimes ride their bikes, but the younger one starts later, so I take him in the car. Sometimes I drive down to school an hour before pick up and walk there - nice path along a creek.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• it would take less then 10 minutes to walk there...maybe even 5 minutes if we went a short cut but I don't want my son using short cuts that the teenagers take
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• 5 minutes... we live 5 houses away
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not sure, we're on the west edge of town and the school's on the east, I drive them because I don't feel they're ready to walk that far alone and I don't always have time or feel well enough to walk them. So I have no idea, I'm guessing it'd be about 30 minutes each way.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• 15 minutes
    DoughGirl1985

Answer by DoughGirl1985 at 2:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Since my daughter is only 2, she isn't in school right now but if I did walk her to the elementary school she's going to be going to, it would take about an hour if we walked along the road and about thirty minutes if we walked through the woods behind our house. So we will be driving to school. The school is only like five minutes, if that, away from my house.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Oh by the way my sons in the afternoon preschool at 1pm if he did morning at 9am I would drive lol it takes about 2 minutes if that to drive to his school.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 4:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2010