This is my frist child and i am nervous what do i do?

Stronger24

Asked by Stronger24 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what do you do about what?
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• what do you want to know lol i can give you some websites but thats it ..
    babycenter.com
    gerber.com
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• What do you mean? what do you do about the labor and delivery or taking care of the baby? dont understand your ?
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 9:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• need a bit more to be able to help
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• First you take it all in. Write in a journal. Or just think about how you feel. Gather your thoughts. Then, get a book. Sure you have your mom, or sister, or grandma to help you with the whats gonna happen'  but reading about what is about to happen to your body is the best route to go. You need to educate yourself on the changes that are going to occur. And, as time goes by, you will bond with your baby that is in your belly and you will be prepared for what lay ahead.

This is going to be such a beautiful 9 months for you. Take it all in, you will never regret it.

Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Read! Read Read REad! That helped me! I didnt have any baby/child experience prior to my daughter. No family, no friends that had kids, nothing. So I was nervous! People tell you it comes natural. And no matter HOW MANY people tell you that, it doesn't ease your mind. You still feel nervous! I wish there was a way that I could have trusted these people telling me that, because it did come SO natural, it was amazing! But really, it is a normal feeling, and also a good instinctive "soon to be mommy" thing. The books I would strongly suggest to read is "Girlfriends Guide to surviving the first year of motherhood", (read it before the baby) and also, the "Babys First Year, Week by Week". I like the week by week book because it gives you exercises at the end of each week to do with your baby. Its great! Just relax, take some breaths, and enjoy! How far along are you? Congrats again!
    Foreternity6907

Answer by Foreternity6907 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• RELAX. It's okay. Do what feels write, no book no magazine can give you that answer. Only you can. It'll be overwhelming at first but you'll slide right into motherhood. Your mother insticts will kick in. You'll do just fine.
    mama0406

Answer by mama0406 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Some moms do not have mother instincts...some moms do. mama0406 is right when she said, "no mag or book can give you that answer." But it certainly can prepare you for the questions/concerns/fears ahead.

Im 27. I have two children of my own. Just recently my husband got custody of his two...and a parenting book certainly helped me. And I think I am a great mother...but still need advice, even from a book. If you don't like to read, then find a support group, or other moms your age...support each other.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2008