How do you single moms do it?

I have come to a decison to break up with my boyfriend. He is my daughters father, can't support her, makes me feel like crap, just curious how you single moms do it, and if your childs father is in there life, and how you deal with seeing them with someone else?

aprilmommy2007

Asked by aprilmommy2007 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Its not easy when you first see your ex with someone else but your heart willmend with time and you will find love yourself.single moms have their ups and downs but we make it work.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 9:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Ok, from my experience I would advise you to constantly think of what would benifit your chlid. That would include being civil with his/her father, your soon to be ex. Understand that he has feelings too and the child involved as well. So do your best to be civil and understanding and the bigger person. Do what is best, in every situation, for your child. Everything after that will follow...or be an easier task to endure.

Good luck.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I was a single parent for 10 years and my oldest son's father was only in the picture when it was convienent and my other son's father died, sometimes its tough being both mom and dad but you do it because your child is depending on you.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i LOVE being a single mom!! its great! i can do what i want, when i want, how i want, without anyone telling me otherwise..it was like that for the first 2.5 yrs of my daughters life, then one day i got greedy and decided to go after him for child support..worst decision ever!! now he gets her every other weekend..which is hard..but ive learned to deal with it..and he said that the reason hes in her life now is b/c his current gf woulda broken up with him if he denied his child...shes a really nice girl..and honestly she makes me feel so much better whenever my girl has to go.hes an idiot, and wouldnt now the first thing to do with her but yaaa..its still hard seeing them together..and now theyre having a baby, due in dec..and to see the excitement on his face whenever they talk about it to me..KILLS ME, because he left me as soon as i got preggo..so ya its tough..but life goes on! id much rather not have him in our lives!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Life by the inch a sinch! By the yard hard! One day at a time Momma! You will be fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008