Baby measuring normal through out whole pregnancy until now at 37 weeks. Has this happened to u?

Today I'm 37 weeks and 2 days along in my pregnancy. I had a dr. appt and was told I'm measuring small for 37 weeks. Last week was fine. So he scheduled me for an ultrasound for next week. He's not doing it right away because I had a cerclage and it was removed last week. So there is a possibility I could go into labor soon. So I was just wondering if this has happened to any one else.

kaosgirly8403

Asked by kaosgirly8403 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my doc said there is no use in measuring after 36 weeks because it becomes inaccurate.. the baby has started to drop. u should be fine. dont worry.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, your uterus can measure small and the baby be right on I measured right on and she was a week behind but has not caught up at 37 wks its nothing to worry about my sister measure small her whole pregnancy and had a normal seven pounder do you think you'd go into labor soon bc your fluid has gotten low?
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I measured way big until 30 weeks then measured small the rest of the way. My baby is perfect. Measurements are a guide only. And ultrasounds are wrong all the time.

If your momma instincts say something is wrong, listen to that. But if you feel great, keep feeling great ! 37 weeks is a great milestone.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I measured small with my first two. My first baby was born at 38 weeks, I measured 35 weeks, he was 7 1/2 lbs and 21 inches. I had an ultrasound to check his size and it said he was average sized. They estimated him to be 7 1/2 lbs on his due date, so he was even bigger than they thought. I was 4-5 weeks behind with my daughter. She was 8 lbs a few days after her due date. A lot of times it's just how the baby is positioned.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son measured normal at all appointments and was 25th percentile when he was born. He dropped to 5th percentile and has been there ever since. It's no big deal! The measurements are a VERY general way for the doc to make sure the baby is developing normally. But there is a HUGE range of normal, and even the big babies and the tiny babies can still be healthy and beautiful babies :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010