How Did Your SO propose?

My husband tricked me, lol. He asked me out for three years with Build-A-Bears with Build-A-Sounds until I finally said yes...A year later he propsed but not with a bear, lol. He made one, and dressed it up as a bride and said, "Erin, I love you so much...but this isn't a proposal...go look in the trunk of the car." So I went and there was a treasure map. And the end, was another bear, dressed as a groom, holding a box of candy, with a lindt truffle that he had painstakingly cut apart and molded back together with my ring in it.

Then, for our vow renewal, he asked me if I would do it all again by getting a bunch of cupcakes, arranging them in a heart shape and sticking my ring that he said he was taking to get cleaned in the center.

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 10:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• awwww,,,,that is the sweetiest proposal I have ever heard, and renewal. Can you get him to write a book for all the other guys out there? Lol,,Mine actually was romantic. We stayed in this amazing hotel, right on the water. If you went outside on the porch the waves went underneath the balcony...so beautiful. He had me out there on the balcony and he got down on one knee with this black velvet box he had pulled out of his pocket....very unexpected.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was 8 months pregnant and we were walking along the beach at sundown and we stopped to watch the sun set and when I turned around he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I know it sounds cliche` but we live in San Diego so there are a lot of golden sun setting opportunities to take advantage of, so he did.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 10:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Aw, you guys, that's sweet.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• he didnt he just went to the jewerly store got in the truck with the box and said here..i just grinned and asked whats all this about..he said nothing thought you would like it..and i just asked him to make sure he said he never proposed we just went and got married how sucky is that
    :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• lol, he didn't. we just decided to go pick out a ring. we're sooooo boring
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Mine was sweet. He came over to my house and asked me if he needed a ring to propose. When I realized what he had said I said no. He then asked me to marry him and took a ring that he wore off of his hand and put in on my finger. He proposed again on Valentine's Day, about 5 months later, by taking my ring off of my finger and replacing it and asking again.

16 of marriage, and 3 kids later I would do it again.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Anon, you should renew your vows and "propose" to him! My DH and I plan on renewing our vows every few years...so maybe he'll get the hint! If he doesn't, hire someone to tell him you want him to make a big deal outta it. Some guys are so silly and shy away from anything the least bit sappy and emotional, lol.

And princessbeth, did you at least get the ring you wanted?
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well after we dated for 11 years our whole family got together for christmas as we always did, my whole family and his so there was about 20 of us plus our closest friends we see every christmas and we all did our christmas eve presents with my brother and his family since they go to Tampa early the next morning. After we were cleaning up the wrapping paper my husband told everyone to come back inside and he started telling everyone how we are so close and so blessed with a tight knit family and group of friends and we are all so close he wanted to share something special with them. I was totally surprised. It wasn't the normal romantic situation but very special because everyone had been around us for 11 years while we were together and been so close to use. It was perfect. SO we've now been together for 16 years, married for 5. We started dating in Junior high and split up once in high school for 3 days.
    mommyandstuff

Answer by mommyandstuff at 10:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Mine proposed to me in the Infinity Room at House on the Rock. That was our favorite place to go at the time. He walked me to the end and proposed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I joke with my hubs that he never officially asked me to marry him. We had been dating for 14 mo and one weekend we went down to visit his sister. It was a Saturday night just about sunset, we went out to his car to get something and he says (out of the blue) "so, what do you think?" and I said "about what?" and he replies "you know, about what we had been talking about?" (meaning marriage). And I said "you mean getting married?" and he says "yes, so what do you think?" and I said yes. We married 8 months later and this June we celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010