Keywords for blogs and posting how do you figure out good keywords to use?

Right now I go to the google keyword tool and I had thought I was doing the right thing to pick the ones that had a lot of searches but low competition but then I go to google and do a search and it says 3 millioin something. I just don't understand keywords. I'm sure it's not something that can be explained in a post back but any help understanding would be greatly appreciated.

mommyandstuff

Asked by mommyandstuff at 10:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• i use multiple terms for the same thing, like using acronyms for some words that may be used in place of them like SAHM or WAHM when the term "mother or mom" is used.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• blogs are fun and interesting
    cloudgazer

Answer by cloudgazer at 9:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You have to use the keywords that best describe the article you are writing. Use as many of them as you can. It doesn't matter which words you chose, there will always be several results when you google it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Google often has alot of hits. Don't worry about that too much. If you searched with more than 2 words, you'll notice that many of the hits after the first page aren't good matches.

It might help you to look through my old journal posts and see the keywords I use. For example, in a post about the wolf being an endangered species, I would have :science, scientist, ecology, ecologist, endangered, species, wolf, wolves, pup, pups, forest, education, learn, children, kids, kid, teach, fun, understand.... etc..
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 7:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• good question
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010