How possible is this?

Our cousin went to court today because someone has been harassing her. Well, to be more specific, my BIL's girlfriend.

She doesn't have a way to call me to let me know what happened (and she's the only one who's version I'd trust), but my MIL (who wasn't even there, to my understanding, and lies constantly) called DH saying that part of the agreement (they did mediation) was that DH can't see BIL, because apparently the cousin had a forged affidavit saying DH would go along with whatever she said (this I don't believe at all).

My question is, in a case between our cousin and BIL's girlfriend, would they really even need to put a clause in there about DH? I mean, seriously, he's not even involved? DH believes it, I don't, and won't unless I hear it from her... But, is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Any adult involved in a court ruling will receive notification directly form the court. It is not government policy to have nosey old ladies call up folks and gossip as a mean to announce court rulings.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Short answer, No.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would ask to see papers and records. That doesn't make any sense at all.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• See, that's what I said! DH just insists on believing his mother, who said that his brother called her crying because of it. But the girl he's with is a conniving, manipulating, lying... you get the point, and if something like this were to actually be true, it would be so much easier for me to believe that it was HER fault, because DH and BIL got in a huge fight a couple of weeks ago about how we don't agree with what they're doing and how they're treating family (the cousins are on DH's side, not mine), and how she's no good for him. So if DH's name even came up, I would think it would be the girlfriend not the cousin (the cousin is my best friend, her husband is my husband's best friend, and the whole time she's wanted to leave DH out of it because its between her and the girl, she's even tried to leave the BIL out)... So I don't believe this at all, but he's so mad that all he'll text me is "whatever"....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• by fight i mean texting, and the bil left some awful voice messages....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• haha, ecodani, love it! and i agree. and i fully believe if this were true, our cousin would have found a way to call us and let us know, instead of just texting us and telling us she doesn't have enough time on her phone to talk about it, while mentioning that they're threatening to press charges on her and extort 500 dollars out of her. she would have mentioned it, gotten word to us somehow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010