DH was just in a car accident

WOW My DH and I are going through a lot right now. He cheated and left my child and I for another woman. He's been trying to get back with me but I had enough of his crap! Just two hours ago, My DH calls me and tells me he got in a car accident and broke his arm and his leg. He told me how much he loves me and thought about our child and I and swear he would never mess up again. His car is destroyed from what he says. I just don't know.. I can never trust him again but should I go back? I really don't want to ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say you need proof before you decide anything. But him getting into a car accident doesn't change the fact that he was a sleazeball and left you guys in the first place...
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you dont want to be with him, than dont go back. Dont let him pity you into getting back with him. Do whats right for you and your child.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think the last 5 words of your post says it all.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• then*
    xxMasonsMommaxx

• I hope he will be okay. I do not see him fooling around on the side if he has a broken arm and leg. IF you really love him, then this may be the chance that your marriage needs to grow and become a good marriage. If, on the other hand, he has physically or mentally abused you or your child, or that he got into a wreck because he was under the influence, I say goodbye to bad news. He is the father of your child and only from that standpoint would I help. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Tell him to get his new girlfriend to wait on him while he's hurt.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, it's funny how they always know who to turn to in times of need isn't it?? I would hold out. Tell him that you are glad he is okay and that he needs to not only take this time to recover health wise, but also emotional as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well you definately have to love him that's for sure, and you need to have trust in your marriage also for it to work. Why go back iif you don't have these in your marriage, it will make for a miserable life for you & your child in the long run. Your already on your own so that's one step you've accomplished, maybe the girfriend isn't as interested as he thought & wants to come running home. Maybe he wants you to take care of him & has no car now, think of all your getting back into and what you truly want in your life right now. Best of luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• you answered your own question, hun!! if you don't want to be with him..don't be!! i doubt he'll ever stop.. just trust your head and your heart and don't get back with him!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• NO! Enough enough. why is he calling you now. cause he needs you to pity him and he is vulnerable. he left you . yea maybe he screwed up but he can show you he has changed by not living with you. he can not date, sleep around, be a better father and get therapy to stop his cheating and in a yr or so then regroup and see where he is at.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010