how long have you been TTC??

i was wanting to TTC in Dec. and my husband leaves for a 6 month deployment in Mar. i know that give me little to no time, but i am very hopeful. how long did it take you to TTC/ how long have you been TTC??? any thoughts, stories, input would be appreciated!! thanks xoxo

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 9:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have the ability to conceive now. Do it. Otherwise you may loose your chance. I lost mine. . . Now I am no longer able to have babies. Thank god that I have one little girl... but I wanted a big family after more than five years trying . . . Doctor's say there is no hope and I should be happy with the one I have.
    Anonymous

• Use this site to pinpoint your best days.

http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Well; I know it sounds ridiculous; but I wanted another boy; so I used the Chinese Lunar calendar to determine when we could conceive another. Grant it, it is not 100% but I figure why not go ahead and see how it goes. We had to wait til August to start trying for a boy, and the hubby wanted to wait a few more months as we were in the process of purchasing a home. Well he decided on his own lil schedule to start trying in August. I knew when I ovulated, which was on the 7th of August in the evening... (I can feel it, sharp pain on one side or the other...) He came home on the 8th in the AM and BAM! Big fat positive on the 17th. Get an ovulation kit if you cannot feel yourself ovulating. Good Luck!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i have two girls. with the first my husband was in the army, so i only saw him about once a month because of moving around so much. it took about 6 months to get prego. with the second i stopped taking birth control on dec 6 and three weeks later i took a test and was pregnant. doctor said i conceived on dec 9. all depends on your body. do you have other children and how long did it take with them?
    qtpatootiecth

Answer by qtpatootiecth at 10:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i have twins...and they were not planned. i was even on the pill when we got them. i know i am fertile i am just scared that i won't have my period because i am on mirean right now and don't have one.
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 11:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I took us about 5 months to get preggers. We started TTC after he got home from his deployment but had to stop so that I could go on mine. I got preggers about 3 months after I returned from my deployment. It really just depends.
    I used Basal Body Temps to help me get pregnant. Had it not been for that, I know it would have taken us way longer.
    LondonAlexis

Answer by LondonAlexis at 1:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It took me about 3 months of being off the pill, and that last month was the first month we had really "tried" to get pregnant. So it could happen right away, or it may take a few months. If I were you I wouldn't put it off, just in case.
    scarlet_willow

Answer by scarlet_willow at 4:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Been trying to conceive for 4 years. I have three kids all conceived fine, then had a miscarriage at 4.5 months 4 1/2 years ago.
    Don't know why I cannot get pregnant-
    Just had a laproscapy and my tubes are not blocked-
    Hopefully it will happen
    shopchatshop

Answer by shopchatshop at 6:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008