BAby shower after babies born!!

I'm due to have a csection on Tuesday and i choose to have my baby shower after my daughter was born simple because were a military family and are super far from all of our family. has anyone ever had there shower after the baby was born instead of before? and if so was it as enjoyable?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 10:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mt sister was going to throw a baby shower on Sunday, but my DS decided to come on the Friday before, a few weeeks early, but very healthy. Well, we decided not to tell anyone except immediate family that he had arrived. I got out pf the hospital for 2:00 and was at the shower for 2:30. It was great! Everyone was so surprised, they all got to play with him, and I was totally taken care of. My older son, 8, at the time said it wasn't a shower it was a "show him"
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've heard of lots of people doing it after the baby is born for various reasons including the health of the mother and/or the baby. I think it would be even more enjoyable since the people at the shower could see the actual baby. Good luck!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had baby shower before and after and they both with extremely enjoyable. The shower before is fun because of the fun with you being pregnant and the shower after was fun because everyone was giving my son all the attention!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thank you for being a Military family, as Vet myself, I understand the difficulties faced by 'military timing'. I am fine with having the shower after the birth. WE were overseas when dd was born, so their was no way to have a family gathering. I have been to showers that are way over-the-top I wondered if Toys-r-Us had anything in stock! Since I won't have any grandchildren, I helped my best friend from high school to set up the nursery for my 'nieces' baby. It was so much fun. Congratulations on your new baby!  ps I never did get a full blown shower, but I did enjoy showing off my new baby. 

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 11:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I did, but it wasn't planned that way. My mom planned my shower for February of 06 thinking I would have plenty of time, since my babies were due in April....well they were two weeks old by the time I had my shower! lol. It was fun, but I had my head in other places because they were in the NICU and I felt like I shouldn't be having fun...and I just couldn't wait to get back to the hospital to be with them.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my family said they were going to throw a shower for me and then didn't because they decided my cousin's sweet 16 was more important-my cousin was all about the shower for me though and thought it was really sucky of my grandmother who decided i didn't deserve one because mike and i weren't married yet.

i had some wonderful ladies from work throw me one, though. it was awesome and i still smile when i think about it. they hardly knew me and put together such a great party for me.

my husband also threw one for me after d was born with friends that my co-workers didn't know. i don't see any reason why you shouldn't have one after if that's what works out better. sure, you can't play some of the games, but i didn't breast feed, so i was able to have mimosas :)
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 10:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My first son's shower was after because he was born 3 weeks early. My co-workers threw me one for the third son and so did my family, because he is twelve years younger than his brothers...but they planned accordingly and had it a month before I was due! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son was already born when my church threw our baby shower. He was actually well into his first year, if I remember correctly, lol. It was enjoyable. They really went out of their way, it was cute! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had a shower after my son was born but we called it a welcome baby instead of a baby shower and another good reason is because then you know what you really need and you do not have to worry about taking thing back because the baby was to big to it the newborn items
    racing.girl

Answer by racing.girl at 11:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I never had a baby shower or was at a baby shower before the baby was born but it sounds like fun.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010