How can I keep my weight on?

So, I have a 3 1/2 month old. Before I got pregnant, I was only 100 lbs. WAY under weight. I gained a total of 53 lbs, at the end of my pregnancy. Now, I am eating alot still, because I am breast feeding, but I keep dropping weight! I am 113 now, and I am back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. I DON'T want to be that small again. I want to be a healthy 115-120. Short of seeking Nutrition counceling, does anyone have any suggestions? I have a doctor appointment on the 22nd, and have been thinking of asking for a referral to a nutritionist... Well, maybe I should, it might inspire me to learn to cook? haha... I could cook, I just don't have the drive to, nor to grocery shop for things to cook... I don't know... Let me know! Thanks!

Foreternity6907

Asked by Foreternity6907 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I am not a nutritionist....but I do have the same problem with weight. I try to keep my weight at about 130-135, that feels best for me, but I was down to 110 a couple of months ago. I am 5'7". Recently I have been eating snacks at night before bed, like cereal, candy, pretzels. I know that's problaly not good advice, but it works for me! LOL....also you have to make sure you eat 3 meals a day, and at least one snack. I'm sure a nutritionist would have better advice and a diet plan...this is just my experience. Hope you can gain a few pounds and keep it on!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• avoid green tea and too much vitamin B's. These both raise your metabolism which sounds more than high enough :)

for dieters who want to lose weight, it's suggest to not eat 3 hours before bed, so try a snack before bed. It's also suggest for those that want to lose weight, to eat several small meals or snack through-out the day, so try to cut out any snacks and stick to 2-3 meals per day.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i am a nutritionist if you want some advice, although i recommend seeing one in person. I think you are still going through changes at 3 1/2 months postpartum. message me though. if you eat out a lot, or make frozen/processed food, it's probably your eating habits. anyways, message me if you want.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i have the same problem and i did see a nutrionist once and he basically said to follow the same diet as someone who wants to lose weight (low fat, healthy eating) but to eat as much of it as possible...do not control your portions. he said healthy eating is best even if you are skinny. just eat a lot. i hate the way i look being so skinny, it is just as hard and embaressing sometimes as being overweight (my mother is overweight and i see how hard it is for her). i can't remember i wore a bathing suit or shorts in public. i am concerned that people think i am anorexic or something...
    garrygirl

Answer by garrygirl at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am not a nutritionist, but I am a skinny chick. I had to eat A LOT to pack it on and have to eat to keep it on. I do not eat as healthy as I should, but I just eat frequently. Potato chips are my best friend, but I worry that I'll end up skinny with clogged arteries.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Oh my gosh. I finally found women with my struggle. I'm 4' 11" and was 84lbs after all my morning sickness (couldn't hold anything down for 3 months). I looked bad. I have a 4 month old boy, breastfeeding exclusively, and I'm already down to 94. I'm usually about 90lbs, but was so excited after having Micah because I thought I'd keep my weight and curves.. gone.
    I have always drank a lot of water, but recently started making smoothies and drinking those a lot during the day and that's helped me from losing any weight the past few weeks.

1 1/2 cups juice
    1/2 block soft tofu
    2 single-serving containers yogurt
    16oz various frozen fruits *I buy 3 16oz bags of various fruit and then use 1/3 each bag
    Blend until smooth and enjoy!
    It's a good source of protein and calcium, not to mention vitamins.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2008