trying to concieve after hormone inbalance

1.5 yrs ago i had a hormone inbalance i seen a fertility specialist, we got everything in order Iam now getting married and we would like to add to our family, we have been trying for 3 months and nothing.... I tried a ovulation test 8 days after my period started they last 3-5 days. this one was 4, I have not been on birthcontrol only 2 months 1.5 yrs ago and none for a yr before that... I do have a 4 yr old little girl shes just mine, hes such a great dad and treats my daughter well, weve thought this through and we would really like another baby. Is there anything else to help find out when you ovulate other than your temp. whats an effective one? Any thing or advice that would help us? We know hes ok 2 he has a lil boy. My doc gave us a clear for me to.

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 10:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Check out www.fertilityfriend.com. There is a free course and you can learn how to monitor your fertility by cervical fluid, and position and texture of your cervix. This is not accurate for telling you if you ovulated just when you might be getting ready to. The only way to actually know for sure if you are ovulating is by checking your temperature, which tells you after the fact. Also you could try ovulation predictor kits take one everyday from 10days after the start of your period until it turns postive when it turns positive have sex that day and the next one. I have done alot of reading on trying to concieve so if you have questions please feel free to send me a message.
    cynthia613

Answer by cynthia613 at 3:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• 3 months sucks but you're still okay after a year of trying get worried, are your cycles regular I count 7 days from when I stop bleeding and do it around that day when I ovulate I have clear stretchy cervical mucus tmi but look for that
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Your age can be a factor. If you're over 30, it will make it more difficult. Try relaxing and buying one of those ovulations monitors.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010