I'm not that savvy on software, but has anyone tried to convert their old VHS to DVD's? I have a lot of my children's home videos that I would love to convert so I can keep them longer.

Ittgal

Asked by Ittgal at 10:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I actually have a Panasonic VHS DVD recorder unit attached to by TV....it can copy automatically. I believe to do it on the computer you have to find cables to connect the VHS player to the computer... I don't have a clue on how you would go about it.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Woodwitch- Thanks I'll have to look into that. I have a lot of VHS tapes of my girls and a few of my Dad. Would love to give my sisters a DVD of our Dad since we lost him 6 years ago.
    Ittgal

Comment by Ittgal (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My old PC had the software to do this. I was able to hook up my VCR to my PC and record onto DVD. It was SWEET. My PC now does not do this. I know Walgreen's or Wolf Camera will convert VHS to DVD.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• KairisMama- Thanks for the information. I figure the more info the better ....this way I can have many options. Thanks for sharing.
    Ittgal

Comment by Ittgal (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010