Baby boy

Im 7 months preg. with a little boy i have a 2 year old daughter and my husband is being shipped off again in 2 weeks he wont be home for 7 months im a really big girly girl and when my daughter was born it just came natural i new what to do im scared this time iv never been around boys have no brothers and grew up with no dad just curious is ther anything special i just get for when a boy arrives and are they really any diffrent

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm the feelings may be different.. because you there is a difference in gender but really boys i think are easier if anything. are you going ot have him circumcised?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You get to be peed on. It's an "air assault" too. My son used to pee on me all the time. I had to be fast with the new diaper. That child had aim. lol! Boys are harder to potty train, boys maturelater then girls, you get to deiced if you want then circumcised or not, and over all boys are much easier to raise then girls. I have both a girl and a boy.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yes we already agreed on that while hes in the hospital.
    aggheff08

Comment by aggheff08 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well.... they have a penis that will most likely get you during a diaper change but thats just about it. Oh and poopie boy butts are much easier to clean up than poople girl butts.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Other than dealing with different genitals at diaper changes, caring for a newborn boy is exactly like caring for a newborn girl. You don't have to "treat" them any differently. They may have different personalities but you care for them the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• He will pee on you for sure. LOL! Other than that, it will be just like raising your Daughter. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my Second Son. I also have a Daughter. Both girls and Boys are such a blessing and so enjoyable. Relax Mama....it will come naturally.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had the same worry when my first son was born. Like the others said, be quick on diaper changes! Keep the thing covered or you will get peed on, for sure! My boys are much more laid back than my daughter and as they get older, a lot less drama. Be prepared to play cars, make motorcycle sounds randomly, learn your construction vehicles by name and you will be good to go! Good luck and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You may not have grown up with brothers, but trust me, your maternal instincts will be there when you need them. I know that you've already raised a girl, but your son is still going to need you no matter what. You still have your family and I'm sure they will help you through this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i have a son and have always heard they are easier to raise. you will get peed on a lot. they can pee pretty high up. i don't think there are a lot of differences when it comes to raising a newborn. you will do great. since you already you a daughter you know what you're doing. just ask for help if you need it.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 3:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• lol like they said you will get peed on. It goes everywhere. I have two boys and they are great. It is not hard if anything it is easyer.
    takenforlife

Answer by takenforlife at 12:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010